Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Plan
Building a better business continuity disaster recovery plan.
Business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) have become an integral part of business success. A business continuity disaster recovery plan is essential for ensuring that IT systems will be available in the event of a broad range of disasters, from hardware failure to malicious attacks to natural disasters.
Cloud service providers can help businesses build a better business continuity disaster recovery plan by providing redundancy and moving mission-critical infrastructure to highly secure, off-site facilities.
But cloud services can also help organizations avoid the most common weakness of the average business continuity disaster recovery plan: inattention.
Too often, IT teams that are overwhelmed by other priorities view a business continuity disaster recovery plan as a one-time event — a box to check before moving on to the next priority. By providing the kind of regular updates, maintenance and monitoring of ever-evolving IT environments, cloud services help to achieve superior business continuity management.
A business continuity disaster recovery plan with Navisite.
As a leading provider of managed hosting, managed applications and cloud services, Navisite offers a broad range of services to support a business continuity disaster recovery plan.
Many of Navisite’s services are designed for or provide built-in functionality for a business continuity plan, and are backed by enterprise-class Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Navisite offers three disaster recovery models to support the needs of any business continuity management system.
- Hot Site DR offers the fastest DR solution, with failover of a primary site to a live, near duplicate backup site in a Navisite data centre.
- Cold Site DR offers the most affordable solution, providing data centre space that is reserved and waiting to receive hardware and data. This option is ideal for times when a quick recovery is not crucial.
- Warm Site DR provides configured hardware that is ready to receive software and data and supports near-term recoverability at a price point between that of Hot Site and Cold Site DR.
Cloud services for a business continuity disaster recovery plan.
Navisite offers a broad range of services that can help enterprises achieve resiliency and manage a business continuity disaster recovery plan more effectively. These include:
- Reliable and secure data centre infrastructure.
- Self-service cloud services for replication support and backup support.
- Dependable data vaulting to make virtual copies of important data without requiring additional physical infrastructure.
- Shared backup services for tape and disk backup.
- Database backup management with support for hot and cold backups.
- Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) services for remote access to desktop environments, files and applications.