Navisite Adds Enhancements to its Desktop-as-a-Service Solution
Navisite, LLC, a Time Warner Cable Company and premier provider of enterprise-class hosting, managed applications, managed messaging and managed cloud services, today announced significant enhancements to its desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) solution designed to further reduce the complexity of deploying and managing virtual desktops.
New enhancements, including the addition of remote desktop services (RDS) and remote application delivery platform (ADP), allow Navisite clients to reap the benefits of the cloud at the desktop and application level while delivering a secure and high performance experience to end-users, with minimal burden to IT. The new enhancements focus on delivering secure and reliable access to distinct applications and resources without a persistent desktop environment. This means that users can be placed on multi-tenant environments, allowing clients whose requirements don't warrant more expensive dedicated environments to enjoy the benefits of DaaS while also overcoming the licensing restrictions that made such services previously unavailable. These additions provide the IT administrator the choice to expose the desktop and applications together or, to simply display the applications.
All configurations feature business hour support and off-hour critical support. Additional added benefits of this feature include:
- Cloud benefits – on-demand, scalability, and pay-as-you-use
- Shared resources – only pay for the number of concurrent sessions you consume, not the number of users you have
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) – Given the economics of Cloud, DaaS can provide companies with significant cost savings over traditional desktops or onsite virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
- Easy to Implement and Manage – Navisite’s DaaS offering provides IT the ability to add and remove desktops easily, and provision desktop-based applications to scale based on the immediate needs of the business.
- High Performing and Secure Desktop/Application Delivery – via Navisite’s NaviCloud infrastructure, housed in state-of-the-art datacentres, Navisite can guarantee quality performance and security to meet the expectations of IT and end-users Navisite’s solution offers IT the ability to provide an easily deployable alternative to the traditional corporate desktop environment by offering an enterprise-class virtual desktop experience in the cloud that can be accessed via any device from any location.
Leveraging the flexibility and self-service tools of our NaviCloud platform, our DaaS solution provides IT staffs with the ability to provide desktop or application access to new users quickly and easily. This allows them to effortlessly manage technology asset allocation through one of the most secure means possible, without hindering operations.
In addition, Navisite’s Army of Experts are on hand to provide support for all one of our cloud-based VDI services – relieving IT from dealing with many time consuming desktop issues and instead allowing them to focus on more business critical end user technology.
“IT departments are constantly being challenged to provide access and consistent work experiences for employees across the organization, regardless of device and location. Navisite understands that users have different needs and requirements, which requires different access to applications,” said Chris Patterson, Navisite VP of Product Management. “For this reason we wanted to deliver a DaaS solution that was easy to manage, allowing users’ to work in environments that could be updated on demand with minimal time required by the IT department. With these enhancements, IT administrators can determine the user admin rights at the desktop level – based on corporate policy – or at the application level to meet the demands of their mobile and remote workforce, and scale up or down based on need. The result is an effective integration between the personnel who drive the business and the technology resources which facilitate it.”
Navisite, LLC, a part of Spectrum Enterprise, is a leading international provider of enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Navisite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable managed services, including Application, Cloud Desktop, Cloud Infrastructure and Hosting services for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures to help lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise clients depend on Navisite for customized solutions, delivered through an international footprint of state-of-the-art data centres. For more information about Navisite services, please visit navisite.com or navisite.co.uk.