Navisite DaaS Solution Selected by PMGC to Power SmartDesk Virtual Environment
Navisite Europe Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navisite, LLC, a Time Warner Cable company, today announced that they have partnered with PMGC to deliver Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) technology to power its SmartDesk virtual working environment, allowing small and medium sized businesses to get access to Enterprise level software.
PMGC specialise in creating ‘Weightless’ businesses. They transform business performance by helping clients embrace current and emerging technologies.
PMGC has created the ‘Weightless Office’ - a fully managed, cloud based infrastructure giving businesses the freedom and flexibility to work effectively, both in and out of the office. The technology allows UK-based SMB as well as Enterprise businesses to operate more effectively, regardless of location, giving them a choice, for the first time, really changing the way they work. No more 9-5, no more having to be physically office based, no more ties to a singular location.
The solutions provided enable end users to interact with business voice and data systems, without relying on a physical device. In order to increase security and flexibility, PMGC wanted a partner who could provide back-end infrastructure for a fully managed, hosted desktop experience. After reviewing a handful of solutions, PMGC selected Navisite for its best-in-class technology and back end support.
By leveraging Navisite, PMGC’s Smart Desk provides each user with their own Windows hosted desktop environment that can be accessed from almost any device with an Internet connection. Users can access all of their files, data and applications irrespective of whether they are in the office, or on the road. Applications can be accessed from wherever users need to work without the hardware limitations of the device they need to access it from.
“We needed a solution that provided a seamless user experience, worked across multiple devices, and, most importantly, provided a great user experience for our clients. It’s important that our clients feel enabled by technology,” said Shazad Boota, Chief Technology Officer for PMGC Technology Group. “When we looked at possible suppliers, Navisite not only demonstrated they had the robust infrastructure we needed, but they went above and beyond to make sure they met all of our goals. We’ve come to trust them implicitly for delivering the best experience to our clients.”
Navisite’s DaaS solution includes a number of key benefits including:
- Asset-Security: Because data is centralized within secure, Tier 3 data centres rather than stored on at-risk physical hard drives in the field, it is inherently safer.
- Service Reliability: By operating in the Cloud, security and reliability principles are extended to the end users and their devices.
- Financial Resiliency: Ensures that companies only pay for what they use, while avoiding costly over-provisioning.
- End-User Productivity: It allows users a seamless Windows desktop experience, or solely access to critical applications, from any device. This means no learning curve and no impediment to operations
- Resource Accessibility: Allows IT to easily provision access to applications, databases, collaboration tools, and infrastructure elements without access to end-users’ physical machines.
- Enterprise Flexibility: Enables IT to easily provision resources as the company grows; technology assets for existing employees, new hires, termed contractors, or shared terminals can all be activated or withdrawn without increased time commitment or unnecessary CapEx.
“We’re thrilled to be working with PMGC to deliver DaaS to its clients,” said Sean McAvan, Managing Director, Navisite Europe. “Normally this type of offering would only be available to enterprises, but PMGC is ensuring that smaller and mid-sized organisations have access and support to help them embrace the same technology that enterprises have access to. They’re leveling the playing field for businesses here in the UK, and we’re proud to be associated with that initiative.”
Navisite, LLC, a part of Spectrum Enterprise, is a leading international provider of enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Navisite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable managed services, including Application, Cloud Desktop, Cloud Infrastructure and Hosting services for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures to help lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise clients depend on Navisite for customized solutions, delivered through an international footprint of state-of-the-art data centres. For more information about Navisite services, please visit navisite.com or navisite.co.uk.
About PMGC Technology Group
PMGC Technology Group transform business performance. By helping their clients embrace current and emerging technologies, they make their clients 'Weightless'. They show them how to leverage their investment in IT and infrastructure, giving them the freedom to work effectively and efficiently, both in, and out of the office. To do this, they provide Mobility Consultation, Software Solutions and Managed Services.