Navisite Launches New UK Cloud Node
Navisite, LLC, a premier provider of enterprise-class hosting, managed application, managed messaging and managed cloud services, today announced the launch of its first European cloud node, located in Woking, UK. Navisite has already established a strong reputation as a leading provider of innovative cloud-based solutions for enterprise clients.
The new UK cloud infrastructure will provide European enterprises access to Navisite’s Managed Cloud Services (MCS) – helping them comply with local regulations while eliminating network performance issues caused by long-distance broadband connections to offshore data centres. “We are excited to announce our new UK cloud node,” said Philip Cheek, UK Managing Director, Navisite Europe Ltd.
“We are now well-positioned to meet the growing demand for enterprise-class managed cloud services in the UK and Europe, and are thrilled that we can offer our award-winning Managed Cloud Services to enterprises that require a local European cloud presence.”
Navisite’s MCS allow clients to provision on-demand, scalable, usage-billed, and fully-managed infrastructure services from virtualised resource pools. With MCS, clients get the scalability and flexibility of cloud computing in a managed service that is uniquely suited to address stringent requirements for security, availability, flexibility and performance. MCS runs on NaviCloud, a secure, high-performance cloud platform.
NaviCloud’s features include:
- Enterprise-Class – NaviCloud is built on hardware and software from Cisco (UCS), VMware (vSphere), and IBM (XIV storage).
- Compliance – All NaviCloud data centres are compliant with SSAE 16 requirements for physical and logical security. In addition, Navisite works with organisations to ensure adherence to industry-specific compliance standards.
- Comprehensive Security Framework – NaviCloud provides all of the security measures associated with traditional hosting environments, including two-factor authentication; network intrusion detection and prevention; automated vulnerability scans; and third-party penetration testing. Advanced firewall technology provides intelligent threat defence with advanced capabilities, including identity-based access control and denial of service (DoS) attack protection. Security also extends to the management interface. Role-based access control ensures that users have only the permissions required for their business or support roles.
- Full Transparency – Navisite’s management portal, AppCentre, is built on unique, innovative intellectual property, and enables clients to fully monitor and manage their environments. Navisite’s MCS has been designed to address the critical IT issues confronting organisations, such as cost, agility, reliability and business continuity.
Key benefits include:
- Consumption-Based Billing – Clients pay only for what they need – eliminating the hidden costs of IT resource underutilisation. This ‘pay for use’ billing model yields savings of 20-40%, compared to traditional infrastructure hosting services.
- Speed of Deployment – MCS accelerates the time to value by eliminating long procurement cycles associated with in-house development projects, and ensuring that deployments move quickly from staging to live production.
- Simplified IT Operations – The fully-managed option delivers an enterprise class, cloud-enabled IT environment, while eliminating the complexity of managing an in-house data centre.
- Guaranteed Service Levels – MCS is backed by industry-leading service level guarantees for performance, 99.999% availability, and ‘response and resolution.’
- Business Continuity and Performance Manageability – MCS includes 24x7 monitoring and support, and leverages the NaviCloud architecture – spanning multiple data centres – for built-in disaster recovery.
Navisite, LLC, a part of Spectrum Enterprise, is a leading international provider of enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Navisite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable managed services, including Application, Cloud Desktop, Cloud Infrastructure and Hosting services for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures to help lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise clients depend on Navisite for customized solutions, delivered through an international footprint of state-of-the-art data centres. For more information about Navisite services, please visit navisite.com or navisite.co.uk.