Business Continuity Plan
Improve your business continuity plan with cloud services.
While business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) has become an absolute requirement for virtually every organization, developing an effective business continuity plan remains a challenge.
Faced with a barrage of competing priorities, IT teams often view a business continuity plan as a task to be accomplished and then set aside while moving on to other challenges. But because IT environments are increasingly complex and evolving at an accelerating pace, a business continuity plan is much more of a process to be managed than a task to be completed. Failure to provide regular updates and extensions to support ever-changing business environments will quickly make a business continuity plan obsolete.
That’s where cloud services can help. Cloud services provide a natural complement to business continuity management by moving mission-critical infrastructure to off-site facilities where it can be protected by state-of-the-art security and managed more cost-efficiently. But managed cloud services can also provide the regular monitoring, maintenance and management that enables a business continuity plan to be effective in the event of a disaster.
For organizations seeking superior cloud services to support a successful business continuity plan, Navisite provides a wide range of solutions.
Build a better business continuity plan with Navisite.
As one of the world’s leading cloud services companies, Navisite provides managed application, managed hosting and cloud services for enterprises around the globe. Many of Navisite’s comprehensive cloud services were designed for or offer built-in support for BCDR functionality and are backed by Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that ensure cloud security and support overarching business resiliency plans.
Navisite offers three disaster recovery models to support a business continuity management system.
- Hot Site DR delivers the fastest failover of a mission-critical site to a live backup site in a Navisite data centre.
- Warm Site DR provides configured hardware to receive software and data.
- Cold Site DR provides reserved space in a Navisite data centre to receive hardware and data.
Comprehensive capabilities for your business continuity plan.
To help organizations build a better business continuity disaster recovery plan, Navisite offers the following services:
- Multiple data centres with reliable and secure infrastructure, including redundant, off-site Navisite Service Centres and on-site staff to continuously monitor all infrastructure to ensure uptime and site security.
- Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) services that provide remote access to an employee’s desktop environment, files and applications — even during a disaster.
- Database backup management services that allow for hot and cold database backups.
- Shared backup services that deliver managed off-site backup of unopened files via tape backup or disk backup.
- Dependable data vaulting services that enable enterprises to make virtual copies of important data without expanding physical infrastructure.
- Self-service cloud services that provide replication support for virtual applications and machines and backup support at the infrastructure level to prevent interference with VM configuration and performance.
Learn more about building a business continuity plan with Navisite cloud services.